Friday, July 13, 2012

Thanks for the Memories


Aaaah! I'm loving this week's project. :)


Looking at your guys' posts makes me so insanely happy. Rachel, I am ridiculously jealous of your John Green encounter, and Shelby, you have some awesome photography skills. Nicole, you were right; I do love the quotes. :)

I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a couple more pictures than I'm supposed to have, but that's only because I feel bad for leaving out my best friend. Haha. (I had my pictures more-or-less picked out, but I realized that my closest friend wasn't in any of them, while almost all of my other friends were.) Most of my pictures are also of groups of people. My family and friends are a HUGE part of my life, so when I was picking pictures, they just kind fell into place. 



I guess to start... This is me. I've had long hair for most of my life (aside from one really bad haircut in fifth grade), so the bob was a total shock to my system in the best way possible. I've only had it for about a week, but I really, really like it so far. Hopefully my longer hair will be in a pic or two so you can see the difference. :)




These are the people that have been with me through it all (friend-wise, at least). I'm on the far left, then Jordie, Lindz, and Kay. This is the photo I almost didn't put in, but it's worth it to me because they've been part of my life for practically forever. I've known Jordan since I was eight, Lindsay since I was ten, and Kayla since I was six... They were literally my childhood (along with playing outside, horses, and Harry Potter. ;D). I love them. During graduation, we walked in pairs, so Lindsay (my best friend) and I walked together; so did Kayla and Jordan.





This grabs a few other close friends into the mix, but I think there's a more interesting story together. This night was the end of my childhood (only half-joking). We were cosplaying and headed to the premier of the final installment of the Harry Potter films... It was also two months after graduation and only a month before we all started university... That night kind of marked the end of the way things had always been... I still love every single one of them, and we're all still close, but we're not together like we used to be. I miss it. But it was one heck of a way to end it, right? :) I'm the one in the red wig (Tonks).




But as time goes on and I've moved to school, I've made some new friends. All three of these people are dear to me, but two of them are much closer. That night, Javier was leaving to go home (in Central America), so we stayed up all night long with him and we made a giant fort by hanging sheets from the ceiling. We used all of the furniture from the second and third floors to build a nice infrastructure. Then we played Catan inside and took it down. It was so much fun.




On the note of fun, this night is definitely high up there. Our residence hall hosted a charity haunted house, and as soon as we tore it down, we all went to IHOP, some still in costume. I'm somewhere in the back (sitting next to Nicole). I finally got to be a creepy clown, which had been a wish of mine for about two years. I hate being scared, but scaring people is a BLAST! The clown in the very front and I did a bit of a skit-scare type thing. We were the last door before the exit, so before anyone went out, she would turn the "handle" on our dilapidated, cardboard jack-in-the-box, singing, "Pop Goes the Weasel," very slowly...  I actually followed the group in quietly, and on the title line, I would get inches away from the least-expecting person's face and shout-sing it in their ear. Totally cracked me up. The other clown in the room was blocking the door as you came in, offering "eyeballs." And you were also followed in by a German-sounding pianist. We were pretty legit. ;)




To close, I got a message on day saying, "I can't explain why, but when I saw this, I just instantly thought of you." So... Just so you know, I am apparently a blue unicorn that barfs rainbows. :)



But anywho, I think that's all I have... This was a fun memory tool, and I really loved learning more about you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing whatever it is we write next week. :) See you tomorrow, Craig!

Craig's make-up day just reminded me... I will not be able to post on August 3. In an ideal world, I will pre-write a blog before I leave (I'm going out of the country and probably won't be online much), so one of you, if you are willing, can post it for me, but if I don't get that done, I just wanted to give you a heads up! Now, I am finally done with this uber-long blog post, so I shall finally let you be. Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment