Friday, July 20, 2012

So many feels...

This has been a hard week... Last weekend, two girls went missing from my home town and were later found deceased... I didn't know them, but the idea of it happening at home terrifies me. My suite-mate chewed me out about my dishes (which seems mild, but there's a lot of back story). Westboro Baptist is protesting the funeral of the two girls tonight. Then this morning, we all woke up to news of the Aurora shooting...  I've been nothing but angry and anxious all week (I have an anxiety disorder, which I have kept under much better control lately until this week). I'm tired of people sucking and killing and yelling. Right now is probably the most serene I've been, and that's because I put on K-Love for the first time in months. (For those not from around here, it's a Christian radio station.) I'm thanking God for being here and for giving me peace, and I sincerely hope that he can and will deliver it to those coping with these things.



On the note of K-Love, it's music week! So... I'm going to start with the first song I heard when I turned it on today... It holds a lot of good memories for me; thoughts of mission trips and youth group and people I love, and it brings me a lot of comfort.




My music, it seems, is also going to be a lot different from all of yours. I'm a Broadway and showtunes fanatic, so the rest of mine are probably going to reflect that... First, I'm a HUGE Gleek, and my favorite to sing to is a Kurt song, which I have stuck in my head almost all the time. :) I love songs about remembering; it was always my word. I have an old Army jacket on which it is pinned where one's name should go because it was my word. I also adore Kurt (and obviously Chris Colfer).



Then, of course, there's Broadway...There are two very meaningful and sentimental songs that I love very much, but when I need some happy music (and am in the right mood), I go for this one. Wicked, if you haven't heard about it, is the prequel to the Wizard of Oz. Don't read the book, but they have the entire production on YouTube if you want to see it. :)



And finally, another Glee, but for a different reason... I find ASL to be the most beautiful language in existence, and this song is absolutely beautiful. :) Last one for me.



That's all for me today. I'm going to chill with my friend Keisha and listen to some more KLove before play tonight. Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment