Thursday, July 5, 2012

The 4th, culture and insomnia.

Hello there everyone. I hope everyone's Fourth of July was great, I know mine was* and you know what's better than having one day off for a holiday? Having the rest of the afternoon off the next day because the area's that your group are supposed to clean next aren't ready and your boss is kind of a bad ass.

So what's a girl to do with all of that time? Well I've cleaned my room, made myself lunch, I'm getting ready to start my laundry and take a shower before a friend of mine comes over later this evening so that I can navigate him through the blogosphere and he can set up his own blog. So that's going to be cool.

As far as American culture goes Linnea, I'd have to agree with everyone else. American is essentially a melting pot of the world's cultures and that have somehow turned themselves into "our" cultures as Americans. We're all mutts so we all kind of carry something from another culture that we have to bring to the table..Sorry that's all I've got today. The lack of sleep is catching up to me now, and I'm watching "You've Got Mail" in memory of Nora Ephron.


*I'm also running on four hours of sleep, with no coffee or other stimulants. I woke up this morning with enough energy to run a marathon.

DFTBA & have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment