Friday, June 15, 2012

The Little Blogger Who Could

I have 39 minutes to get this post up before I miss my day again. I think I can, I think I can... First off, I am so, so, SO sorry for missing my post last week, and if you guys want to punish me, I definitely deserve it. I don't even have a good excuse. I thought about it early in the day on Friday, said I'd do it later, and woke up thinking, "OH MY GOD! I MISSED MY DAY!" There's no excuse. So... As this week does seem to be a free week, I think I'm going to slam on the musical, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." Now, first thing's first. I work backstage crew for our campus theater, and this is my fifth show in the last year and probably the most hectic technically. So that already gives it a bad vibe for me. That being said, I absolutely love the people I'm working with. I've been costume crew for all five shows, and we've managed to have the same costumer throughout, so obviously that's fun! The stage manager (and her assistant) know how to get things done and are a LOT of fun doing them, and the technical director manages to keep this awesome sense of humor even when everything seems to be falling to bits. Then there's the cast... Sweethearts one and all. I love these people. The music's fun! I mean, it's cheesy and a lot of it seems pointless (which is a drawback), but it's enjoyable. More so than it would be without the music, at least. XD What kills me is the plot. There isn't one. I mean, I guess there is, but it feels like the only central theme is that Charlie Brown sucks and nobody likes him. At the beginning, he sucks and nobody likes him. At the end, he sucks and nobody likes him... But he's happy/complacent about it, even though his friends kind of treat him like crap. I just don't get the message, I guess. So sitting through it's a bit of a drag. I'm loving my theatre home though, and the more I'm there, the more I consider the minor. I love learning new things: how to sew or to edit cues in the cue board or to paint trees like Charles Schultz. It's always new. And from what I can tell, they like having me there, so this symbiotic relationship is working out fine. :D Now, I know this post lacks a bit of depth and such, but please understand... In the last 36 hours... I have spent 1.5 (4%) sleeping, 4 (11%) with my research team, maybe 3 (8%) eating outside of the theatre, 1.5 (4%) in my room relaxing, and the rest (73%) on stage left attached to a headset and projector. I am entirely out of thoughts and depth for the week. Anywho, I do believe I've made it in time, and I look forward to reading your guys' posts next week! (Especially hearing about your trip, Rachel!) So, happy weekend, and Craig, I'll see you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment