Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An Abundance of Doom

Hey y'all, it's 7:30pm Tuesday evening and I only just now figured out what I wanna write about. Yeah... This week just hasn't been exciting so far. 

ANYWAYS........

My fiance and I just got back from seeing Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World, starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley. It was a brilliant movie, by the way... but only if you like dark comedies/dramas with a sweet story. If you haven't heard of it, here's the trailer.

While it's grim subject matter, it got me thinking: what would I do if I knew that the end of the world was drawing near? The characters in the film knew what they wanted. Some went crazy through all manner of activities. Some stayed home alone. Some sought out family to reconcile and gain closure for things in the past. But, what would I do, and also, what would you (my fellow bloggers/readers) do?

I think it's an easy decision for me. I'd be with my family and my fiance (and his family). I'd try to take one last trip with all of them... most likely to California to hang out at the beach. I'd try not to focus on the impending doom of mankind by enjoying life, cherishing the excitement the world has to offer. Of course there would be moments of terror and depression, I have no doubt about that. But it can't be hard to understand that it'd be almost impossible to remain totally sane when you know death is so closely imminent. In the end, why not spend your last weeks, days and hours with those you care for the most? Seems perfect to me...

What would you guys do (hopefully not anything too crazy!)?

Sorry for the dark question... but I thought it'd be an interesting one to pose.

Well, see you next Tuesday! 
DFTBA, 

Shelby W. 

P.S. My fiance came up with the title for this blog post... Isn't he just so clever? =P

No comments:

Post a Comment