Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Friday, Friday...

Okay, to start: Sorry for the title. Horrible song. Absolutely awful.

But... It is Friday, and I am so excited. Hopefully that's where the similarities end, however. (At least I hope so... XD)

I'm Linnea, the Friday blogger. I am definitely continuing the trend of 'aspiring author.' All I've ever wanted to do with my life is write, particularly realistic fiction novels. Unfortunately, it is not a steady, salary-producing occupation, so until I can finish a manuscript,  I am following another very opposite passion: mathematics. I am currently at a small university in the Midwest and quite happy here. This summer, I'm working on an interdisciplinary mathematics/synthetic biology research project in the area of bacterial computing. So far, it seems really cool. I have very little to do with the biology side (which is fortunate for them, because I'm terrible at anything lab-related, and I haven't had a biology class since my junior year of high school). You'll probably end up hearing a bit about that over the next few weeks. Otherwise, I'm a complete nerd and very proud of it. :) (Harry Potter for the win!)

I can definitely related to Rachel when she says her blog gets neglected because of lacking deadlines. That's what happens with most of my writing, sadly. :( But, I think this will be good for us! It's really exciting to get to meet and know a group of author-to-be Nerdfighters, and I'm totally pumped to see where this goes!

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more from everyone, and I am happy to wish you a pleasant, safe weekend. TGIF and DFTBA, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment