Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hey y'all, it's the Tuesday Writer!

I'm that girl who'll be writing on Tuesdays, otherwise known as Shelby W. 

I'm not one of those girls who likes to talk about herself, and I often feel weird when I have to describe/introduce myself to other people or on a profile. So, since this is that sort of situation, I feel kinda weird...  Oh well!

To start....

I'm an aspiring author (seems to be a trend on this blog!). While I've written lots of things, I've yet to finish a novel. It's no lie when authors say writing novels is hard work. It definitely is. All of my manuscripts have been left untouched for many reasons: plots didn't work, got stuck (that dreadful writer's block!), the idea needed to be expanded...etc. I think I need to work on this... just a tad. 

My life is nothing out of the ordinary. I'm engaged to an awesome guy. I'm a college student majoring in English. I like to read. I'm a Doctor Who and Game of Thrones (among other shows)  junkie. The only interesting thing about me is that I'm a trap shooter (shotguns and flying clay targets). Really though, I'm quite a boring person. But I guess that's not exactly a bad thing. Sometimes, the most satisfying thing is living a normal life and being happy it's normal...

From me, I suppose you can expect a whole bunch of random rants about my inability to write, posts about TV shows and other entertainment (reviews galore!), and posts about everyday life. I can't wait to see what the other writers bring to this blog, and I hope that it can be enjoyable for us to write and for you to read, whoever you might be.

I think that's all that needs to be said. I don't wanna seem self-absorbed or anything (not that I am... I'm totally not!).  

DFTBA
(Don't Forget To Be Awesome)

-Shelby W. 






No comments:

Post a Comment