Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What I've been up to...

Hey guys! 

Wow, it's been a while. I never meant to stay away so long. Things just got busy and I had a hard time remembering to blog. SORRY!

First and foremost, I got a job at a local gun shop. I quite like the job and it has helped my fiancé and I really move forward in searching for an apartment/condo. We've found a few that we really like, but the realtor helping us is terrible at responding and planning a time to see each one. Hopefully we can see them soon to narrow down our choice and possibly moving in. We're both so impatient to move into a place of our own. We've had to postpone the wedding until next April due to both of our families being unable to plan for it financially. At least we have quite a bit of time to plan now, and April will be a great month for a wedding since it is at the end of our springtime and won't be too hot.

I tried Camp NaNoWrimo in April, and guess what!? I failed, of course. But, the ideas I have for my novels are still there, poking around in my brain and giving me new plot twists and character developments. I just need to really focus on writing things out.

My mom and I have been selling our jewelry at a local art festival each month. We've done really well and I love that we've been able to get our work out there. But, this last Friday killed us with the blistering heat. We're considering not doing it for a few months until the desert summer starts to cool down. 

In September, my mom and I are gonna be seeing the Backstreet Boys! When I was young, I never got the chance to see them in concert. But now I can! I'm so excited for it. Even though boy bands aren't a big thing anymore, I still love them. So that's something to look forward to.

Lately, a lot of family drama has surfaced that's made life really hard. I don't wanna go into specifics, but for those of you who pray: keep my family in your prayers. Keep my fiancé and I in your prayers so that we can move out sooner. Keep our jobs in your prayers. I'd really appreciate that. <3

For another update, I have two photos to share.... 

My favorite of my fiancé and I....


And then us with two members of the Ghost Adventures cast! :D


It was pretty awesome to get a photo with them. But unfortunately we couldn't stop and chat about the paranormal with them. :( 

I hope to hear from you guys soon! I'd really like to know how you've been and what you've been up to. Miss you guys! 
DFTBA
-Shelby W.

No comments:

Post a Comment